The idea is that the orchestra will then perform at a London venue by 12th December 2012. Shaun must not know the musicians personally nor have met or
communicated with them directly in person before (i.e they must be
complete strangers to him). I'm not sure where Shaun travels, but since he set the challenge last month he's averaging at 2 musicians a day and it's building up momentum more and more with each passing month.
Shaun said on his blog "What I'm not 100% about yet is
- who will conduct this orchestra
- where the show will be
- what date it will be on
- who will come and watch it
I am speaking to conductors at the moment, but nothing finalised, and we
have a venue pencilled in for 12th December and I'm pretty certain it's
the one I want to use. But others are still in the running and people
offering alternative options. I can't tell you where we have pencilled
in until we sign everything, but here's some facts (I like facts!):
1) It's a great Victorian theatre in central London, that still has all of its art deco features
2) Charlie Chaplin once played there
3) It closed as a theatre for many years, and was also a cinema for a long while.
4) It's 3 times as big as some of the venues I looked at!
5) It's lovely and I really like the people who run it. Very decent folk!"